Silly, crass and extremely funny — that pretty much sums up the entirety of the Ted slot by Blueprint Gaming. This game brings back everything that we used to love about the cute little teddy bear and even more. What Blueprint Gaming has done is simple: they have brought together the world of slot with arguably the most fun and entertaining movie film together. I mean, who doesn’t want a cute teddy bear swearing every time you have a non-winning spin?
To make things all the better, the developers of this game have brought over pretty much everything from the movie and incorporated it into the slot. As a game, Ted doesn’t fail to impress either. It is packed to the brim with bonus features and also features a £5,000 jackpot.
Ted is a five reel and a 20 payline slot. To be a part of all the silliness, you will have to wager a minimum of 20p per spin. If you are one of the few players, who came here looking for the big wins or even the Jackpot, you may raise your stakes all the way up to a massive £200 per spin. As you start playing, you will find Ted himself passed out on his couch after what seems like a drunken night. On your reels, you will find all of the familiar symbols straight out of the movie, such as his girlfriend, a bong and bottles upon bottles of booze.
From my experience playing this slot, I can confidently say that Ted is a medium variance slot. This means players will be experiencing both frequent and decently sized payouts consistently throughout the game. The only slight complain that I have with Ted’s gameplay is that the Return to Player (RTP) rate is lower than what you will find in many of its peers. Set at 95.8%, you will probably have to trigger some of the bonus features once in a while if you want to see a stable bank balance.
As mentioned previously, the Ted slot is filled with bonus features to the brim. It comes with 11 unique bonus features, with six of them being rewarded randomly by Ted himself.
Every time Ted wakes up from his sleep, he will award you with any one of the following features:
- Laser Gun Wilds – Right after waking up, Ted picks up a Laser Gun and shoots Wilds onto your reels
- Beer Streak – After a winning spin, Ted gets a little excited and spills beer on your reels; as a result, your reels will be covered in froth and your winning symbols will be replaced with new ones
- TV Remote – After a winning spin, Ted slams on his remote, switching all the symbols on your reels away except for the winning ones; this feature does not end as long as you keep getting ever-bigger wins
- Psychedelic Super Spin – Ted blows a cloud of smoke after using his Hookah and this creates clusters of Ted symbols on your reels, completing paylines as they take over
- Psychedelic Colossal Spin – Ted takes another puff from his Hookah and will blow it on your reels; this will combine three of your reels into one colossal reel
- Psychedelic Bonus Boost – Ted adds high value bonus symbols on your reels randomly; the best part about this feature is that it increases your chances of triggering the Thunder Buddies bonus features
The next set of features are known as the Thunder Buddies features. To trigger them, you will need a minimum of three Thunder Buddies scatter symbols anywhere on your reels. Once activated, you will be prompted to spin a fortune wheel that will decide, which one of the five features that you will be playing — they are as follows.
- Bar Crawl Bonus – As the name of the feature suggests, you will be going on a bar crawl. In your adventure, you will have to pick bottles of booze that will reward you with loads of win multipliers and cash prizes. The feature ceases when you get arrested by the police.
- Super Mart Extra Spins – You will be awarded five extra spins with the addition of lots of Wild symbols on your reels.
- Flash Extra Spins – You will play these rounds of extra spins on a 5×4 reel with bigger cash prizes after every spin.
- Wheel of Fartune – You will have to pick a Ted that will reward you with arrows, multipliers or additional spins.
- Big Money Feature – This is the most profitable feature in this game and will give you massive multipliers that may result in wins north of 500x your spin wager.
Granted, Blueprint Gaming doesn’t come out with games as often as NetEnt or the other big studios. Yet, what they have done is spent countless hours perfecting their Ted slot, because everything about this game is perfect. All the graphics and visual elements have been designed with great attention to detail and animations are a work of wonder. Blueprint has even gone as far as making Ted utter the same lines in this game as he did in the movie. Ted is compatible on all types of devices and all sorts of software packages too.
Ted is a slot designed to keep you entertained for hours, not just minutes. It is really easy to lose track of time once you start hitting the bonus features regularly. With eleven unique bonus features present, I almost feel like I spent more time playing the features that the base game itself. One thing for sure, the theme in this game has been executed impeccably. I loved how Ted’s character is just as in the movie and how he even says silly things during the game. You cannot miss this slot for the world, let us tell you!