The world’s most expensive footballer ever, Neymar, is in a battle to get himself fit for the World Cup which begins in just under a month. The 26-year-old forward suffered a metatarsal injury in February which required surgery, and he hasn’t played any football since then. Neymar has recently spoken to journalists and said, “this is a difficult time, one of the most difficult I have faced”.
Perhaps Brazil’s opponents will be hoping he isn’t fit in time to face them, but for the rest of the footballing world, we all want to see Neymar on the biggest football stage of them all! We hope he will be fit to play in Russia.
Neymar is an incredibly gifted footballer whose quickness, technique and invention is among the very best in world football. Blessed with pace and outstanding dribbling ability, Neymar can win matches on his own. For Brazil, they will be desperate for their main man to be match fit and raring to go at the World Cup.
Whether he will be fit or not, sports betters have undoubtedly seen Neymar’s name all over the World Cup betting markets. In this article we will look at a number of the Neymar World Cup odds.
Neymar Top Scorer Odds World Cup
First of all, let’s look at the odds for Neymar to be top goalscorer. Should Neymar prove his fitness, this is likely to be one of the most popular bets placed at the World Cup. If you decide to go down this route, you will want to know the odds. Here they are:
- 9/1 at Ladbrokes, Unibet and 888 Sport
- 10/1 offered at Sky Bet, Bet 365, William Hill, Betfair, Paddy Power, BetVictor Betfred, and Betway
- The best odds on this particular bet are to be found at Coral and those odds are 12/1
Neymar World Cup 2018 Odds, Other Betting Options
Perhaps you fancy something a little more unusual, different from the standard of Neymar to be the top goalscorer at the World Cup. Well, look no further, we have sourced some of the best Neymar World Cup 2018 bets we could find!
- 25/1 at Sky Bet for Neymar to be top goalscorer and Brazil to win the World Cup
- 14/1 offered at Sky Bet for Neymar to win the Golden Ball
- Neymar to score the best goal at the tournament is on offer at 18/1 at Sky Bet
- 888 Sport and LeoVegas are offering 10/1 on Neymar to get the most assists at the tournament
- 1/1 at Sky Bet for Neymar to be Brazil’s top goalscorer
If Neymar is fit and ready to fire at the World Cup, he is definitely going to be a player worth putting money on. The PSG forward’s injury might actually prove to be a blessing in disguise if it gives him an extra spring in his step from the rest over the past few months.
Brazil kick-off on the 17th June in just under a month and it remains to be seen whether Neymar’s name is on the teamsheet or not.