Mohamed Salah has arguably been the best player in the whole of Europe this season. He has scored 44 goals this season in 51 appearances for Liverpool and won the PFA Player of the Year award. It has been a truly remarkable first season for Salah at Liverpool. His teammates Dejan Lovren labelled him the best player in the world today; high praise indeed!
If he could score goals at a similar rate for Egypt at the World Cup, Egypt could enjoy a very successful tournament! We all know though that he is unlikely to enjoy as many chances for Egypt as he does for Liverpool every week.
Nevertheless, with Salah in such unbelievable form, a bet on him at the World Cup is tempting, without question. In this article we will look at a number of the Salah World Cup odds and bets.
Salah Top Scorer Odds World Cup
So, these are the odds for Salah to be top goalscorer at the World Cup at the most popular sports betting sties:
- 50/1 at Sky Bet, Bet 365, William Hill, Unibet and 888 Sport
- Best odds are to be found at Ladbrokes and Coral where you can get 66/1 on Salah being the top goalscorer at the World Cup
Is it likely that Salah will be the top goalscorer? Well, not exactly. Although Salah is a special player, he just won’t be playing with the same calibre of players that he does with Liverpool. This makes it difficult for us to see him being top goalscorer. There are definitely other players we would favour over Salah.
Egypt World Cup 2018 Odds
Of course, there is the option of not betting on Salah directly, but on Egypt instead. There are a whole host of bets out there if you want to take this approach, so the best advice we can give you is to have a look around.
Here are some of the best Egypt bets we found which offered the best odds:
- 11/8 at William Hill for Egypt to qualify from their group
- 11/2 at Betway for Egypt to win their group
- 9/1 at Betway for Egypt to reach the quarter-finals
- Coral are offering 25/1 on Egypt getting to the semi-finals
- Betway have odds of 100/1 on Egypt getting to the final
Other Salah World Cup 2018 Odds And Bets
There are different kinds of bets out there too if you want to bet on Mo Salah, with some of them offering very wide odds. Here are a few of the better ones:
- Sky Bet are offering 50/1 on Salah scoring the goal of the tournament
- LeoVegas and 888 Sport are offering 300/1 on Salah getting the most assists at the World Cup
- You can get odds of 66/1 at Coral and Ladbrokes for Salah to win the Golden Ball
- Sky Bet have also got a number of possible double bets involving a certain country being winners of the World Cup and Salah being the top goalscorer
Truthfully, there are better options out there for the top goalscorer than Mo Salah, but if you fancy taking a bit of a gamble at such wide odds, it is an option. Most of the other Salah and Egypt bets we have mentioned are much more of a gamble, although the goal of the tournament bet is one we are keen on. Soon we will see whether Salah can light up the World Cup like he has done in England this year!