Australia will head into their fifth World Cup this summer and the Socceroos are sure to bring their usual carnival atmosphere. Unfortunately for Australia, in all likelihood, they will struggle to qualify for the knockout stage. Australia are the underdogs in Group C and have a tough task ahead of them.
Australia begin their campaign against group favourites France in Kazan. France should be too strong for Australia in this match, and we expect the Europeans to win comfortably. Australia then face Denmark, which is likely to be an easier match than France but will still be difficult for the Australians. Australia will be hoping for something from the game, but Denmark are the favourites in this match and we expect them to win.
Australia’s final game is against Peru and this is the game which Australia will be most confident of picking up points in. Peru are still favourites in this match, but Australia could get something from it. If Australia were to qualify it would be a massive achievement, but we just cannot see it happening.
In this article we will look at many of the Australia World Cup 2018 odds, including the odds on Australia to win World Cup 2018. We know, it’s not likely, but stranger things have happened, we think.
Australia World Cup 2018 Odds; World cup 2018 Australia Fixtures
Australia have quite a few players who will be familiar to English football audiences. Top ever Australia goalscorer Tim Cahil, Aaron Mooy and Mile Jedinak are three such players. But the simple fact is that they probably don’t have enough top-drawer players to progress from their group.
Still, if you fancy it, Sky Bet are offering a number of more unusual Australia World Cup 2018 betting options with very wide odds. Here are a few of them:
- Australia to be eliminated by a penalty shootout 33/1
- Australia to be eliminated in extra time 25/1
- Australia to win a penalty shootout 33/1
- Australia to score 5-8 goals 11/2
- 500/1 on Tim Cahill being named as the best player of the tournament
- 250/1 on Tim Cahill scoring the goal of the tournament
- 200/1 on Aaron Mooy scoring the goal of the tournament
- 500/1 on Mile Jedinak scoring the goal of the tournament
There are also plenty of other Australia World Cup betting markets out there including:
- 25/1 at Betfair for Australia to win their group
- LeoVegas and Betfair are offering 9/2 on Australia qualifying from their group
- 3/1 odds at Betway for Australia to be the top-performing Asian/Oceanic side
- William Hill and Coral are offering 20/1 on Australia reaching the quarter-finals
- At William Hill, 100/1 on Australia getting to the semi-finals
- 250/1 at Sky Bet for Australia to reach the final
Betting Odds Australia To Win World Cup 2018
It will probably come as no surprise to you that the odds for Australia to win World Cup 2018 are extremely wide. Here are the Australia to win World Cup 2018 odds at most of the big sportsbooks:
- Betfair, Bet 365, Betway and Sun Bets are all offering 300/1
- Unibet and 888 Sport are both offering 400/1
Best Odds Australia Win World Cup 2018
If you really believe the Socceroos can do it and pull off the biggest upset in footballing history, you will want to find the best odds on Australia winning World Cup 2018. Well, all the following outlets are offering 500/1 odds on Australia winning 2018 World Cup.
Is it worth putting on a pound or two with those odds on Australia winning 2018 World Cup? Despite the temptation, we really don’t think so!
We’re sorry Australia, but we think it is highly unlikely that they will pull off an upset at this year’s World Cup. Australia’s squad is lacking in the type of creative quality that is needed at this level. We will be happy to be proved wrong though and look forward to Australia’s first match against France!